New Delhi, January 23: Full dress rehearsals for the Republic Day parade are underway at Rajpath in the national capital. Today the full dress parade rehearsal started from Vijay Chowk at 10.20 am till the National Stadium. In view of the Republic Day parade, Delhi Police issued a traffic advisory regarding traffic and security arrangements.
According to the rehearsal schedule of the parade, starting from Vijay Chowk at 10.20 am on Sunday, it will enter the National Stadium from Gate No. 1 via Rajpath, Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate, Roundabout Princess Palace. So if you are going towards Tilak Marg in Delhi then turn left and if you are going towards C-Hexagon then turn right.
See Delhi’s traffic advisory?
- Traffic will not be allowed on Rajpath from Vijay Chowk to India Gate till the parade is over on Sunday (23 January).
- There will be no cross traffic on Rajpath on Rafi Marg, Janpath, Man Singh Road till the parade is over.
- The ‘C’-Hexagon-India Gate will remain closed for traffic from 9.15 am on Sunday till the entire parade and tableau is entered at the National Stadium.
- All passengers are advised to avoid the route of the parade from 9 am to 12.30 pm on Sundays.
- As per the advisory, there is no restriction yet for people traveling from North Delhi towards New Delhi Railway Station or Old Delhi Railway Station. It is advised that they plan their journey well in advance and take enough extra time to reach their destination to avoid possible delays.
- City bus services will remain suspended at Park Street/Udyan Marg, Aram Bagh Road (Paharganj), Roundabout Kamla Market, Delhi Secretariat (IG Stadium), Pragati Maidan (Bhairon Road), Hanuman Mandir (Yamuna Bazar), Mori Gate.